Sunday, September 23, 2012

ROH Buffalo Stampede Review

Here's my review of the Buffalo, NY show from 2005



ROH Buffalo Stampede
Buffalo, New York 10/15/05

1.) BJ Whitmer vs. Davey Andrews: *1/2

Nothing really to talk about, just a squash for BJ Whitmer

2.) Claudio Castagnoli vs. Sterling James Keenan: **1/4

One of Claudio's earlier ROH matches. It was ok.....that's really it. On a side note, I'm actually really interested to see more of Sterling James Keenan. He's now Corey Graves in FCW/NXT and from what I've seen of him there he has the makings to do some good in WWE. I don't know why but his current look in FCW/NXT just screams Avenged Sevenfold. I think they could use that...

3.) Jimmy Jacobs vs. Jay Lethal: ***

This was a decent & fun contest. Enjoyable.

4.) ROH Pure Title - Nigel McGuinness vs. Samoa Joe: ***1/4

This was shorter than I expected, and really didn't pick up until near the end. Although I haven't seen it I heard the match they had where Nigel won the title was a little better. Still, this was a good match. Liked the finish.

5.) No DQ War - Generation Next (Austin Aries, Roderick Strong & Jack Evans) vs. The Embassy (Alex Shelley, Jimmy Rave & Abyss): ***3/4

I might have said this before, but I'm a sucker for these wild ROH brawls. This one was actually pretty fun. Lots of entertaining stuff & usage of surroundings (Jack Evans jumping of batting cage)

6.) ROH Tag Team Titles - Sal Rinauro & Tony Mamaluke vs. Homicide & Ricky Reyes: **3/4

Eh...this was decent, nothing special. Rinauro & Mamaluke's reign overall was very lackluster.

7.) Low Ki vs. Colt Cabana: ***1/4

Good Match, with Homicide costing Colt the match to further their feud. I thought it went a little too long, but that's my only gripe.

8.) ROH World Title - Bryan Danielson vs. Steve Corino: ***3/4

I like how this match started, with Corino nearly beating Danielson right out of the gate. It was overall a good title defense, tied for Best Match on the Show imo.

Overall: 7.25/10

This was a good card overall. Nothing really special, but if you're looking for some solid ROH action, pick this one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment