Sunday, April 30, 2017

ROH 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Review

ROH continues to celebrate their 14th Anniversary with an interesting night of TV Tapings!


Now this review is going to be handled a little differently. ROH will occasionally release a set of TV Tapings on DVD. Usually, they do this because a TV Taping features a ton of New Japan talent, and that was the case here. What I'm going to do with this DVD is that I'm just going to post my star ratings for the matches that took place during these TV Tapings. Interesting enough, it was right around this time that I started writing reviews of ROH TV for Voices of Wrestling, so in this review, I'll include links to those review so you could read my thoughts on these episodes in full. I should note that I started with the second episode that was taped, so I have no written review for the episode that featured those matches in the first episode.

ROH 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings)
Las Vegas, Nevada 2/27/16

Bonus Match

1.) Brian Kendrick vs. Will Ferrara: **1/4



TV Tapings

1.) ROH World TV Title - Tomohiro Ishii vs. Cedric Alexander (with Veda Scott): ***1/4

2.) The Briscoes vs. Reno SCUM: **1/2

3.) Hiroshi Tanahashi & “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin vs. The Young Bucks: ****

4.) Four-Corner Survival Match - Adam Page vs. Matt Sydal vs. Moose (with Stokely Hathaway) vs. Roderick Strong: ***

5.) Cheeseburger vs. Foxx Vinyer: N/R

6.) ROH World Title - Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini) vs. Hirooki Goto: **

7.) CHAOS (IWGP Heavyweight Champion “Rainmaker” Kazuchika Okada & Gedo) vs. reDRagon: ***1/4

8.) Adam Cole vs. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA: ****¼

9.) The Addiction vs. The Motor City Machine Guns: ***½

10.) ROH World Tag Team Titles - War Machine vs. Roppongi Vice: ***1/2

11.) ACH vs. IWGP Intercontinental Champion Kenny Omega: ***½

12.) Fight Without Honor - Dalton Caste vs. Silas Young: ***¾

Overall: 8.0/10

Here are the links to the full reviews I wrote on Voices of Wrestling for the episodes of ROH TV that featured these matches, aside from the first episode (the first three matches listed), which I didn't review for the site:







No comments:

Post a Comment